Friday, August 17, 2012

TV shows: Girls, Suburgatory and more

As I have been in Romania for the entire summer, I started looking for new TV shows that can fill my free time. Aaand I stumbled upon these:

source
As I am more than attracted to NYC and, consequently, I watch NYC based TV shows, 'Girls' ( an HBO series) makes no exception. But it doesn't really present me with the greatness of New York and how this place is 'the' place (feeling that I got after watching 'Gossip Girl' for example). It could've been set in any other big city, as the focus is on these four girls' lives: Lena Dunham as Hannah, Allison Williams as Marnie, Jemima Kirke as Jessa, and Zosia Mamet as Shoshanna. After watching the first episode, I have already identified something in common with all of them, and it's impossible for you not to feel the same way. If you are in your 20s, it's even better, as it tries to portray all aspects of a 20-year-old girl, from career to friends, love life and family. I am now up-to-date and cannot wait for the new episodes, and I really hope I will watch it regularly. Do watch the trailer of the first season to get a sense of what I'm talking about



source
Unlike 'Girls', 'Suburgatory' takes place in the suburbs, so it does not take place in NYC. A dad found a condom in his daughter's room (which wasn't even hers), he panicked and they moved to the suburbs, where the life is completely different from what she expected. Everything is perfect, plastic, superficial and artificial. If you like watching 'Mean Girls' and like teen drama movies, this TV show is for you. 



source

'Dating Rules for my Future Self' is the first TV show with 10-minute episodes that I ever watched.  And it is brought to us by the producers of 'Gossip Girl'. The main character of each season (so far girls) communicate via the mobile phone/iPad with their future selves, who give advice on how to change their lives. 

source
The first season is with Shiri Appleby (she is so pretty and her outfits are so cute) as Lucy, and the second one is with Candice Accola as Chloe. The trailers are below, for season 1 and season 2 (this might not work in all countries):





source
'Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23' stars the cute Krysten Ritter, which you've seen in so many movies (like 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' or '27 Dresses'). I haven't seen the trailer; I just read the description on imdb and I am now starting to watch the first episode. 



All this is replacing my intention to catch up on Gossip Girl (I pretty much lost interest) and starting Mas Men (the episodes are sooo long!)

P.S. Do not forget to like the Facebook page :) 

No comments :